Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FPL 23/24: Review your year

Options
  • 22-05-2024 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭

I've been playing for years, but I rarely review the performance, but now my in laws have started a league (I came 4th out of 5!), I need to get serious! There's family pride at stake! 😁

This could be a bit of craic, and I have time to kill. So without further ado:

Overall Points: 2243

Aim at start of season: 2280 (60 pgw)

Not too bad, but I think I need to review my pgw ambitions, up to 65. A few years ago I was happy with 50!

Grade: C

Overall Rank: 1,646,146

Aim at start of season: Crack the million.

Boooo… I am disappointed at this one. I never really got near the million mark. 2486 Would get you under the million mark this year, which would be an average of 66points per game week.

Grade: D

Highest points in a week/ highest GWR: GW 37 for both. 67,178GWR and 146 points.

Lowest points in a week/Lowest GWR: 8,612,776 in week 24… (eww) Looking back, I actually placed in the 8 millions 3 times this season. So week 24 I captained Richarlison (First lesson, never captain a Spurs player!) I would have captained EBH, but for the 12.30 Saturday curse. (I still hate it, and I still won't captain someone in that slot, stupid superstitions.)

I scored 24 TWICE! Once, was excusable. That freak of a game week (GW29) where I used my free hit card to field a full team, and nobody did anything. The average for that GW was 12. The other time was GW11, where no one on my team did anything. Even Haaland (©) scored 2 points in a 6-1 victory over Bournemouth. Lady luck was definitely not on my side that day.

So yeah, the lows were more often than the highs this year. 24 twice, a 32, 36, 38. All not good enough.

Grade: C

Total transfers: 46.

Interesting. Over the season cost me 32 points to get the transfers I wanted/needed. I'm never shy of taking hits if I need them. in GW37, I know I took a -12 hit, but it worked out. Truth be told, as much as I'll say this is something to look out for, I doubt I'll change anything. Keeping excess transfers within 10 excess seems ok to me.

Grade: B

Squad Value: 93.2mn ITB: 11mn

I don't remember funds being a major issue this year. There was a lot of very good value to be had. I think overall, the FPL calculated the prices pretty well. I wasn't having to figure out who was decreasing/increasing in value over the season, which was nice.

Grade: B

Overall, would really like to crack the top million next year. Also, going to make sure that we do Captain polls here on boards each week. I did notice that we didn't have them a few times, and they are great knowledge to have. Not just to see which way the wind is blowing, but people hear about niggling injuries, or teams that some players love to score against.

If you have a bit of time, I'd love to read your reviews. Bring on FPL 24/25!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,236 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

I'll give this a go sure.

Overall Points: 2,521 (47k OR)

Aim at start of season: Top 50k

I seen you went off PGW but it's very difficult to do so given each GW can be so different, many GW's the last 2 seasons so dependent on if Haaland has a good GW or not!

Given I aimed for top 50k, I can't be disappointed with that although I only got into the top 50k in the last GW! The season itself was a slog at the start. Started off with Man United players and that was really the downfall sticking with them for longer than I should. I was at 4million OR after GW7 so it took a lot of good decisions and luck to get to where I am really.

Grade:A-

Highest points in a week - GW37 - 141 points

Highest GWR - 7,228 in GW36.

Scoring 100+ points 3 times in the last 5 GW's really shot me up the ranks. GW36 was the first time ever I think all 11 players scored for me - Haaland, Jackson and Mitchell the heroes that week! Even had Salah first sub with 13 points!

Lowest points in a week: 21 points in FH29 (a mistake in hindsight but I was desperate to win a ML. Even if I didn't play the FH, I still would've won that week. One to learn from)

Lowest GWR: 8.9million rank in GW11. Gordon the only returning for me that week. City won 6-1 and Haaland © went off at 45 minutes with no returns. Poor week.

The run in has historically been better for me, I seem to plan better and nearly always have my chips. 12 green arrows out of 15 this season. Note to self - try start better. Stick with the template albeit boring, I hate doing so cause its meant to be enjoyable right…

Grade:B

Total transfers: 42.

Points hits were 32 for the season. Ironically the bulk of them taken from GW24 onwards when I shot up the rankings. Tried not to be trigger happy with the hits this season and looks like it may have cost me in the long run.

Grade:C

Squad Value: 104m. 2.2 ITB (106.2 overall)

I made sure to make early transfers earlier in the season to build up team value and it definitely stood to me. I didn't get caught out so much by doing so, definitely an element of luck. By Christmas, it was apparent team value wasn't going to be a big issue this season so I definitely became more relaxed and let fixtures play out before making transfers. An element of luck and planning served me well. From GW24, I made a plan until the end of the season of transfers and it stood to me. Lots of luck but made me confident with choices.

Grade: B+

Overall, happy with how the season went. Few ML's won and I was definitely more invested in the game this year albeit watching less games for various reasons. It was my highest OR since playing the game which is a good achievement given there are over 10million teams playing. Hopefully go one better next year but will be happy with another top 50k.

Advertisement