Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to use Family Link to control You Tube on a non smart TV?

Options
  • 22-05-2024 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi,

I have an Androind phone set up with Google Family Link which I use to control my daughters use of her Tablet - so far so good. However, TV and more specificallly You Tube is an issue. I have a non smart TV. While I have set the Parental Controls on the You Tube settings, I have not logged into You Tube using either mine or her email address so just as a guest user - the content, particularly You Tube Shorts can be fairly inappropriate at times.

I cant seem to find the right info on how best to add the non smart Tv to the Family Link app so I can control You Tube. Everything seems to bring me to Smart Tv info - any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated?

to add - the tv is about 4 years old and honestly if the solution was to buy a smart TV to control things, i'd nearly do it.

Tagged:

Advertisement