Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Next Car Ideas - short commute but also need for towing

Options
  • 22-05-2024 8:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭

Looking for recommendations to replace my current car with the following criteria:

Up to €20k, can stretch a little. 

My commute is fairly short, at around 30km round trip which would normally rule out a diesel I know, *however* I need to be able to tow a relatively light trailer load (no more than 500KG) from time to time - not sure how a petrol or hybrid would fare with this.

Other considerations are something with a bit of power (ideally I want to avoid anything that takes longer than 10 seconds to reach 100km/h) and an auto gearbox would be nice as would decent boot space.

Currently thinking along the lines of a Golf Estate 1.4 TSI but have yet to find one with a tow bar.  Also looking at the Outlander Hybrid but these appear to be a bit on the slow side, also not sure about their towing capabilities either.

Thoughts?

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,340 ✭✭✭BrianD3

500 kg is very little, many small petrol cars are rated to tow unbraked trailer of that weight or more. Also, increasingly, full electric cars are rated to tow. You might get a 2021 VW ID4 for your budget, just check the remaining battery warranty, real life range and that the 2021 models are rated to tow.

Advertisement