Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grafting.

Options
  • 20-05-2024 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,537 ✭✭✭✭

I’ve a few apple trees in the garden, some produce nice apples and some less so.

So on the autumn I took scion wood from my favoured trees. Roll on spring and I grafted these onto the other trees.

Now, the grafted scions are still alive as when I mock the bark with my thumbnail it’s very fresh green underneath (see photo), but none of the bids have grown at all.

Does anyone know will these succeed amd grow or would you expect the bids to have grown, it’s probably 5 weeks since I grafted them. I waited until buds on the trees were swelling.

I grafted some onto hawthorn whips and same thing, they seem alive but no buds opened

Advertisement