Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House sold awaiting land registry

Options
  • 20-05-2024 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2 Jason180sx

Well lads and ladies posting here to see if anyone has any advice or experience in similar situation

So we sold our house back in October last year and then in December when contracts were ready we found out that there was a life interest on the house for my father which my mother who passed away years ago had setup and my father had forgotten was there now the house is sold and we were informed we would have to send a app thru the land registry to remove the life interest so in January our solicitor send the application to the land registry in February both sides seller/buyer agreed to speed it up we should sign contracts on both sides and then have the solicitor inform them that we have signed contracts etc to put pressure to speed things up within this agreement the buyer paid the deposit and we put into the contract that we have 3 months to complete this or he can pull out and get deposit back this was the clause we added into contract now we are in the 20th of may and our 3 months clause is up on the 15th of next month

Today i had my solicitor send a letter to expedite hoping to speed it up within the online tracker it says awaiting further attention its been like this for about 7 weeks now

Is there anything else that could be done to make this process faster as buyer is now putting pressure on us where they are struggling due to this which is 100% understandable

Any advice would be appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭DubCount

Land Registry is a monopoly. You cant go anywhere else and they go at their own pace regardless of what anyone says to them. There is nothing you can do other than stay on top of your solicitor to stay on top of them - then hope for the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,205 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

When writing to the land registry use punctuation marks. I couldn't follow the story.

• Hilarious, grammar nazi makes a grammar mistake in their high horse post.

You probably struggled to read the ops post because you wet yourself in excitement of posting what you did, but an obvious point would be that the op is not communicating with the land register directly it’s their solicitor. Silly mistake.

For the record I could follow the OP. And if I couldn’t, I don’t think I would post a demeaning and rude and useless post like yours which adds zero to the OPs real life problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Jason180sx

Someone with 6000 posts and a member since 2013 you would imagine to give helpful advice instead of wasting time trolling like a child.

Advertisement