Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2013 VW Golf mk7 cabin blower coming on by itself

Options
  • 20-05-2024 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi All,

I have an early 2013 VW Golf 7, I came back to the car to get something, unlocked it & found the cabin blower was running by itself on a low setting even though everything was switched off & the keys were not in the ignition, changing the switches had no effect.

After starting the car everything went back to normal however about a minute after switching it off the cabin fan again came on by itself, again everything was switched off.

I had to pull the fuse to turn it off for fear it would flatten the battery.

has anyone come a cross this before?

To be clear I'm not referring to the radiator fan.

Any help appreciated, TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,427 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

is it manual aircon or climate control?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 RootinJoe

@colm_mcm Manual setup, I disconnected this unit & swapped it with a spare also, fan ran with both units even when the dials were unplugged entirely.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭JIdontknow

have you checked the heater / blower resistor pack? I had a different car before but the fan blew on only one speed no matter what was selected (apart from off), turned out to be the resistor block. Or could it possibly be a relay?

@JIdontknow its on the list of things to check, I was hoping someone might have had the symptoms described above before I start replacing parts & be able to tell me what fixed it.

If I had only one speed the Resistor pack would be the first thing Id check but everything works fine once the key is armed in the ignition.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭JIdontknow

I found this - not sure if it is helpful though:

https://mbworld.org/forums/gl-class-x164/735184-climate-blower-motor-turns-after-car-shut-off.html

https://www.reddit.com/r/Cartalk/comments/6htjil/blower_fan_stays_on_after_turning_ignition_off/

• Advertisement

@JIdontknow

Thanks, I had found that alright having a look around initially. I don't want to go buying a fan just yet until I'm fairly sure that's the issue.

It looks like a Mercedes they're having the issue with, do you know if the blowers are the same unit?

Thanks

Looking like the Blower Motor Resistor module on the fan is causing the issue, Fan is stuck on constantly now at full power.

Fault Code U103000 coming up.

Advertisement