Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vomiting bug... visit to Airfield Estate

Options
  • 20-05-2024 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭

So our youngest went on a school trip to Airfield Estate with the pre-school. There was around 4 different pre-schools that I saw there that morning all running around in their hi-vis vests.

Well, we've had vomiting bug in the house since that night but it's a particularly bad dose. I had Norovirus at Christmas and it wasn't this bad, didn't last as long, and also didn't spread to anyone else in the house. This one has run through everyone in the house, was very severe while we were in the depths of it and is hanging around a lot longer with very bad nausea even days after the actual vomiting has finished. So, a lot worse than the dose I had at Christmas.

Got me to thinking that may be this one could be animal related? The children were there to see the farm at Airfield so I'm wondering if anyone has heard anything? Anybody else's kids visit there recently and come down with something similar? Or anyone else's kids there last week got any info?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

There are so many bugs going around at present, I wouldn't think it is easy to pin down what has come for where. The good hygiene habit from lockdown have completely gone out the window ( pardon the pun.) There's impetigo, chicken pox, slapped cheek syndrome, tummy bugs and a persistent cough doing the rounds . Children are petri dishes. I would think it's more likely the children passed it around among themselves that contracted anything from the animals.

I hope you all feel better soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,560 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

How many others from the preschool were affected?

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Sham Squire

Seems to have been a number of kids from the class and a few of the teachers too. So a really infectious strain as I trust the teachers are very fastidious with hand washing and I've always found the hygiene of the pre school to be top notch. Even the fact that it infected everyone in our house when I managed to contain the dose I had at Christmas to just me, leads me to believe that whatever this is/was it was highly infectious.

Advertisement