Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car brakes

Options
  • 20-05-2024 7:33am
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3

Hi everybody. I have a 2018 Volkswagen Passat DSG, the brakes are squeaking every time I press the pedal but the pads are perfectly fine. I changed the discs about 2 years ago, and it's been doing it ever since. I've taken it to a mechanic but the mechanic cannot find anything wrong with the car.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, as its very annoying every time you press the pedal.

Regards

Post edited by Spear on
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭sniperman

i had such a problem like that,so i switched all the pads around,,,,after a while the pads ware into any grooves on the discs and become very smooth,so squeaking can occur,but not on every car,by switching the pads around you have different surfaces,solved my problem anyway

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3 windandrain97

Thank you

Advertisement