Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repairing a dent in plasterboard wall

Options
  • 19-05-2024 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,657 ✭✭✭✭

Had a new door fitted recently and I noticed after the guys had gone that there was a 2 inch dent in the plasterboard wall which they must have hit when removing the old door.

It's not too deep so easy enough to repair, and they are due to come back to do something else on the door so they can also repair that.

I have a feeling they will just put some white Tec7 sealant in there though, is that sufficient for me to paint over later, or does it need to be some special paste specific for plasterboard?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,509 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

dont put silicone in it . you wont get that level or smooth enough. put filler in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

It needs to be filled with filler. Standard way is to over fill it and sand back to flat. What about painting it back to match original finish? Your guys may notbe bothered to do thatm

Under no.circumstanses allow them to put silicone,. Tech 7 or decorators caulk in it. It has to be a plaster type filler.

• Administrators Posts: 53,556 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

You can paint the repaired spot but it's not going to blend in with the rest of the wall even if you use the same colour. Best thing to do, depending on the size of the wall, is just repaint that 1 wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,657 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Nah its small enough that I can get away with touching it up. Entire wall is full length of the house. Not gonna redo that for sake of 2 inches.

What sort of filler do they need?

This is Dublin where tradesmen in my experience will do the bare minimum to fix issues so I want to make sure they use the right sort of filler at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭AnRothar

polyfiller or any similar generic filler would do.

Any hardware shop, even some supermarkets may carry it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement