Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stage box question

Options
  • 19-05-2024 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭

Apologies if this is in the wrong section, maybe a mod can move it if it is.

I'm a drummer and I'd like to tidy up my cables. I was looking at an 8 input stage box with the thinking of changing 2 of the inputs to outputs to receive a monitor mix to go into my IEM.

1. Is this doable?
    2. What is the advantage of a stage box over a snake?

Many thanks

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭imp1

Not a huge amount of difference really, but to me a stage box gives a bit more flexibility. A snake generally has made up ends all the same length, can be male or female at each end, and handy enough if you can plug your mics indirectly. A stage box would generally have some male, some female so you can plug your mics in, but also get monitors back to the stage (same as a snake) but you can use any length of mic cable to plug anything in to

Lots of styles and sizes of stage boxes available, below has 12 ins - for mics, DIs etc, and 4 outs, normally for monitors.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭pegdrums

Thanks for your reply.

Any I've been looking at in my price range only have ins so I was wondering, if I bought something like the one on the link with 8 ins, could I turn two of those ins to out by buying the appropriate connectors and swapping them out? Chop the ends off 2 cables and put female connectors on and remove two male connectors on the box and put in 2 female.

In theory it works in my head.the connectors are only 5er a piece and they're neutral ones.

https://www.thomann.de/ie/the_sssnake_mc_8_multicore_mk_ii.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭pegdrums

Same idea on this reel would be great. Only thing is it's 15 metres long, Id have to set up in the car park to need a run like that.

https://www.thomann.de/ie/the_sssnake_mct_8_multicore_auf_trommel.htm

Advertisement