Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Printers - 3rd party ink

Options
  • 18-05-2024 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

I have a HP printer (the last HP product I'll buy).

They make it extremely difficult to use 3rd party ink cartridges and instead keep blocking my printer when they detect other ink cartridges instead of their very expensive cartridges so I'm going to get rid of it. I also have to sign into their app and give them permission to access my printer data otherwise I can't print.

Do Canon printers have the same issue with 3rd part ink cartridges?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭65535

I went for an Epson EcoTank Printer - you get black and the 3 colours in small bottles and you fill up the printer with these ink bottles.

Although they are more expensive than the normal printers (mostly under €200) - you do not have to keep buying ink cartridges for them.

Example: Includes enough ink for 4500 black and 7500 colour pages

The one I have has an email address that I can print to from mobile phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Citroen2cv

I have a Canon pixma i8750. I can use the 123ink.ie own brand cartridges with it no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭adgib

+1 for Epson Evo print

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭adgib

Eco

• Registered Users Posts: 68,129 ✭✭✭✭L1011

If you don't need to print colour frequently, get an older Brother B&W laser. Generic toner cartridges for under a tenner, driver support in every operating system known to man. Newer ones are apparently a bit worse.

Inkjets are the devils work.

• Advertisement
Advertisement