Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much are forestry paying for land ?

Options
  • 17-05-2024 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

HI

35 acres of poor land for sale near me. Forestry at one side. On a slope. Easy acces from secondary road. Would suit me nicely for a hobby farm.

Do you think Forestry will be putting in a offer , and how much they paying for poor land these days ?

Or have they slowed down a bit in buying land?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,201 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

AsKing a local Auctioneer about a 28 acre plot of land nearby.

NNeglected for the last 10 years, rushes you'd hide a herd of elephants in.

Poorish Cavan land, in my naivety I though 3500 per acre "might" buy it.

Auctioneer tells me it's "sale agreed" at 7000/acre, and that forestry companies are now paying upwards of 5500 per acre.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,677 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Vulture fund money is driving this too as this government seems to think they are the answer to everything from forestry to housing🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

In fairness, rushy land mightn't be bad land for plantation, better than bog anyway. But aside from that, is it the planting grants and premiums etc that are adding value and pushing up the prices? Like how the vacant/ derelict house grants are pushing up asking prices there. Not great all this interfering in the market etc.

Advertisement