Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tackling Crab grass,scutch

Options
  • 16-05-2024 11:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭

I have patches of scutch or crab grass like the picture here in parts of the lawn and has been spreading quite a bit .

Although it's a small lawn replacing it is not an option so my plan is to dig out as much as possible and then reseeding.

If so then which seed /brand and should I over seed to allow for the fescue to grow?

I stopped using lawn feed last year as I think it makes the unwanted grass grow more rapidly !

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭standardg60

Spray them off with glyphosate rather than digging as the roots will have already run.

Read the back of the box when buying grass seed, the higher % of bents and fescues the finer the grass.

Advertisement