Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spaces to complete DIY tasks for apartment dwellers

Options
  • 15-05-2024 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,561 ✭✭✭✭

So I'm trying to redo a lot of my apartment kitchen myself, and there's not enough room in the place itself to do any work like woodcutting or messy tasks like that.

I can't do it in the common areas of the apartment block because there's no power outlets to use power tools.

So what's there to do if you have some power tools and materials yourself, and simply need some space to do the work — are there any cooperative/communal spaces around where one could rent or reserve time to do these kinds of things?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,425 ✭✭✭✭ted1

a men’s shed maybe what you are looking for

• Registered Users Posts: 31,035 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

I know this probably isn't very helpful, but if you had battery tools and an assigned parking space you could put up one of those cheapo gazebos and a couple of sheets on the sides to keep in the dust.

Advertisement