Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Didnt recieve all of my order

Options
  • 14-05-2024 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭

hI folks i purchased a few items from a company two item were missing from the product after many emails after sending photos of the package the items i did recieve they said that ""We have checked with our warehouse and have been advised we have footage of the two small packs being set in to the box, you may have mistakenly thrown these out when you were opening the box. i told them it wasnt in the parcel when i opened it that had a tear in it which i showed them in photos i also told them that my contract was with them and it wasnt fulfilled , i even mentioned the sales and supply of goods act 1980, they seem a chheky company , is there anything i can do at this stage ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭goodlad

You didn't receive what you paid for, if they refuse to send the missing items or partial refund to cover them then do a charge back.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭JVince

mentioning ssog act when you are highly unlikely to understand it yourself will simply have your issue filed under "Bin".

I've had a few of these types of comments in my 40+ years of retail and I can say that not one of those who try "ssog" or the I'll call gay byrne (yep I'm that long in the business) are never right and very rightly are considered "troublesome".

In saying that, your complaint does have merit, but just don't be so stupid in trying to legalise it in an argument as that split second you start on that rhetoric, you have lost any possibility of an easy solution and you are now going to spend hours and days and weeks trying to get it corrected.

Unless -

Email them, apologise for your manner and say you did not mean to agitated and suggest they did not understand the SSOG act.

Then say that "however, there is still the issue of items that have gone missing from the parcel and ask if they can escalate the issue and contact the delivery company as with the tear in the package. it seems that the items may have fallen out of the package at some point in delivery."

(yeah, most likely nicked by someone, but that's not for you to say)

Throw them some niceties by saying that everything else was great and you loved how easy it was to navigate their website.

Then finish with, "It would be great to get this resolved in the next few days"

I'll near guarantee that you will get a far better and positive response and whenever you have an issue with a delivery or a product, give the impression that you are a potential returning customer. That nearly always works even if a complaint is not entirely valid.

But start using legalistic language and they know you will are not a potential future customer and they won't give a damn.

Advertisement