Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My partner in hong kong

Options
  • 14-05-2024 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi everyone just asking for little advice , I met a lady online in Hong-Kong. She's phillipine , same age as myself. I've gone to meet her once and we got on great. I'm currently in a seperation and no interest to marry any time soon. I'm.in a good job and very self sufficient. I would like bring her over and see how it goes for holiday. And perhaps something later as I get to know her. What's best way to go about this . And if u decided it could work , what's proper steps

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭XsApollo

not so hard to come on a holiday.

it’s not so simple to move here with you brining her here if you weren't living abroad with her, but can be done

If she working in healthcare in Hong Kong,
    Is she a qualified nurse , healthcare assistant?

If she is either of the above then easiest way to come here would be by herself getting a job in that sector.

Also could maybe come as an English language student, a lot of people come this way, they stay for 8 months on first stint and can stay for another 8 months or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭Tow

She would need to apply for a visitors visa to come here for a holiday. The details are online and I believe the application is now also on line. The visa will allow entry to Ireland and remain for up to 3 months.

If she has a proper job or property (something to return to) in HK it should not be a problem to get a visa.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Soc_Alt

As she is Filipino and you mention she would visit on vacation first, she will require a short stay ‘C’ visit (tourist) visa

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭ULEZ23

I think fastway are the usual couriers here. You will have to pay customs before package is released however

• Registered Users Posts: 25,796 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

😉

OP are you sure she knows you are not currently free to marry, and won't be for some years?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,726 ✭✭✭YellowLead

You’re only met her once and are calling her your partner?

Be careful that you’ve given yourself sufficient time to recover from your marriage and figure out what you want.

You say you want to bring her here for a holiday? That’s easy. I wouldn’t advise committing to any more than that until you get to know her better, and you’re sure you’re not just on the rebound. Or that she’s not mainly interested in you because of what you can offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭kowloonkev

Not sure why you'd put this in a wedding forum then.

From Philippines in HK means highly likely to be a live-in domestic helper with very few rights in HK and low wage.

She may have had to go to HK to support her own family/kids. A lot of them see the white man as the golden ticket. Are you sure you're in a financial position to support another woman in a long distance relationship + her family no doubt while going through a potential divorce?

It looks like a case of out of the fire into the frying pan to me.

Best way to get her to Ireland is a visitor visa but you may have a lot of explaining to do in the application, such as why a married man is inviting over a woman and supporting her trip. She may have to show evidence of being able to support herself which she may not have. She will need to show evidence of having a job to go back to in HK. It is a lengthy enough process even if you are married to the applicant, never mind an almost stranger.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 typicalirishlad

Ye some interesting points , she was never married and parents passed away. Said she supported her parents and wants live her own life now and no one to support. I'll.go over in summer we will travel to Thailand and Vietnam for few weeks. But I'm wary and I've paid for nothing. See how it goes, I had an amiable seperation and I'm in good position. I've been doing some dating here as well and enjoying. Enjoy single life also, she's in her 40s as well ,with her own house as well and has travelled alot.

Advertisement