Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aurora Borealis, Northern lights in Sligo

Options
  • 14-05-2024 11:19am
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Loads of activity with the northern lights on Friday night. I follow a page on Facebook that tells you when you are likely (or not) to see them after a solar event/storm. There was a 2 nighter last year, I went out on the second night and saw nothing - me and a few hundred other people at Rosses Point 😂 but thankfully I went out this last Friday. We could see something from right outside the house but with street lights it wasn't super clear so we drove to Lough Gill. What a great spot to watch them! It felt like we were surrounded. Once my eyes got used to the dark, I could see everything! The hints of reds and greens and the movement in the sky was just stunning. My camera is unfortunately a lot less stunning so my pics are all quite dark. I've seen some amazing pics from around Sligo so if you want to share yours here, please do. I'll add some of mine in a separate post.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

From the lakeside - the pier near the Holy Well

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

From outside the house

• Registered Users Posts: 45,896 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Well done miamee. Spectacular sight.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭waywill1966

Stunning photos,Miamee!

Advertisement