Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car for 2 bavy seats & a booster,

Options
  • 14-05-2024 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,635 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys

I have 3 kids & am looking to upgrade the car, currently have a Skoda Octavia , I'll trade that in & get a second hand one

Looking for something that will fit 2 baby seats & a booster seat in the middle,

Looking at middle of the road price was any suggestions , Open to anything that is reliable from Ford galaxy to an SUV

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,426 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

what’s the total budget - including what you’re likely to get for the Octavia?

What sort of driving are you doing, and how much mileage per year roughly?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,635 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Id say 20- 25 grand all in ,

Id imagine i do about 16000k per year maybe less,

Short runs most of the time wit hthe kids & then maybe 2 long country runs per months during the summer months,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,469 ✭✭✭pah

Superb estate has been recommended here before as being wide enough. SUV/MPV wise I'd recommend an Smax

• Registered Users Posts: 20,635 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

The Superbs don;t fit 2 baby seats & a booster in the back, They seem to be long but not wide,

Smax seems to be the way forward

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭jamesd

Skoda Kodiaq will do 2 seats and a booster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

You’re much better off with an MPV. I still think the Sharan was the most practical car we’ve ever had by some distance. Those sliding door were just brilliant. Something like the Superb (we’ve also owned a combi) would be a very poor choice in comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭User1998

I’m pretty sure a Tesla Model S fits 3 baby seats

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Sixtoes

VW Sharan, Ford S Max or Ford Galaxy would all do the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 brogiebears

Dacia Jogger also works

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Sixtoes

These are great also. Plan ahead for holidays in France.
    https://www.donedeal.ie/view/36894264

• Advertisement
Advertisement