Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Casement upvc window noise

Options
  • 14-05-2024 10:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭

our windows allow noise to enter at the point where the casement meets the frame. The bubble seals look ok but noisy. I’ve adjusted the allen key cams and they pull tight but still noise. I can push the casement slightly outward few mm on the frame side and increase the noise. Perfectly right on locking

As far as I can tell it looks normal but it’s noisy. Seems to be very thick triple glaze too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,851 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Hi! Did the issue only come apparent over the warm period? Is the exterior of the frame white or another colour?

Two reasons can be that either the window or the frame are out of alignment and then the heat from the sun causes it to warp (especially if the frames are dark colour), or the casement window is mounted too far out from the frame.

The test for the mounting problem is to close the window and mark a line using pencil along the rubber seal both outside and inside and then open the window again and measure the distance from the line to the edge of the window on the inside, and from the frame edge to the line on the exterior. It should be the width of the seal at least. If not, it's usually an assembly issue and would need to be resolved by the installers.

If the window or frame is out of alignment and if there's no adjustment available on the hinge protectors then you might need to call the service department for assistance.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭LimerickGray

see my photos There is no obvious adjustment at the hinge side -unless I’m not seeing one
    it’s not just summer Noticed in feb or march Lots of windows in house and seems to be same on all of them

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭LimerickGray

I had a good look again and no way to adjust at hinge side.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,851 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Then it's back to the installers, especially considering what you said about it being on many of the windows.

Advertisement