Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

hyundai i40 tpms light

Options
  • 14-05-2024 8:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭

the tpms light has come on after getting two new tyres after about 50 miles. i have checked the pressure in all tyres and all are correct.

question is who can look at it? can I bring it back to the tyre shop or do i need to go to the mechanic?

have the nct at the end of the month

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Sono

The TPMS is probably gone on one of the tyres hence this error coming up, just need to find out which one is gone to bring up the error, replacement is probably 100-120 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 51,169 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Was the TPMS reset after fitting the new tyres? If the tyre pressure is different then it just might need to be reset. Not sure about Hyundai but generally you can reset the TPMS system in the infotainment system menu somewhere which recalibrates the new tyre pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭dunworth1

no i don't think it was reset. i had a look through the display settings and couldn't see any option. having a google some people say it can be done by disconnecting the battery so i will try that later and see.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,615 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Just make sure the pressures are correct all around. Then drive it on a fairly empty road "snaking" the car so to speak - usually resets them in about 100 meters or so.

The trick is to make sure youre pressures are 100% correct and that you get a good swing left to right with the steering wheel.

Works every time for me on most Hyundais with tpms.

The I40 cant be reset through the dash - it has to learn for itself - The official way to do it is to drive for up to 100 kms to allow it learn - snaking it on an empty road works better.

Advertisement