Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EPG problem: random changes to '5 Vancouver ...'

Options
  • 13-05-2024 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭

I have a zgemma h7 on OpenATV 6.3

The EPG worked flawlessy but since a week and a half I see random replacements in the EPG. The correct entry is always changed to:

...Vancouver GM 5. The Vanc

Like this (from tonight)

It's over multiple channels and only about 3 or 4 programmes a day?

My OpenTV EPG provider is SKY UK OpenTV

My XMLTV EPG provider is Devil Costa Nova English XMLTV

Anyone seeing the same?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,737 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I had a similar problem before with CrossEPG, the solution was to delete the entire contents of the CrossEPG folder and I then manually ran the CrossEPG downloader and it brought down fresh files with no issues. It seemed to be corrupted files causing it, normal daily size would be 9mb or so for the folder in mine, it was showing as near 30mb so something wasnt clearing as it should.

Perhaps back up contents of folder before deleting.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Wcool

Hi Atlantic Dawn,

Thanks for this, it worked. I renamed /media/hdd/crossepg and created a new empty crossepg directory.

Then I forced a new download. It seems gone!

Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 81,737 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

That's great. It's happened to me maybe 3 times, I think it may be an invalid character in the description or show name that the EPG can't seperate out and so it starts merging items and eventually corrupts.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Wcool

Yes, I also noticed the old directory was 78Mb and after refresh less than 10Mb. Maybe some cruft built up.

Advertisement