Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Where are people going for tyres nowdays?

Options
  • 13-05-2024 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,891 ✭✭✭✭

The tyres on the etron are probably due a change at some stage this year (30,000km on them now).

Where are people buying tyres these days? I used to use camskill and get someone like rowan tyres to fit, is oponeo or similar the best bet or is there anywhere in dublin doing decent prices you can just goto?

Id go for goodyear or michelins or contis something like that (not a massive fan of the OEM Bridgestones)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

I use Oponeo and just get the likes of Atlas to fit them.

It's less about price for me though. At least I know what I am getting rather than wondering if the garage has what I want in stock.

Stay Free

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

tyreleader delivered direct to local fitters.
    pay local fitter €80 for fitting balancing and disposal.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,967 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I've used Tyreland (despite the awful Keith Duffy ads) - they came and fitted my tyres of choice at home first time, at work second time - great service, good prices

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Summitatem

Kwikfit Newry website is worth a price check imo if you are Dublin based.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭65535

Just wondering - do any of ye have a space saver spare wheel nowadays ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,590 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

My local Atlas won't touch tyres not bought from them.

Where is this 20-a-corner all-in utopia?

I don’t on any of the cars. Except for the transit!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭con747

My local lad in the midlands fits the 4 and balances and takes the old ones for €40. A rare breed.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

It used to be that way in Dublin too but it costs them €5 per tyre for disposal. Your guy doing aliens work for less than €20 there when you account for the new valves, balancing etc.

DC Tyres, Collins Avenue.
    €20 per corner as they were 20” wheels but prices start at €15 per corner.

• Advertisement

Atlas won’t do it as they are a large chain company.

DC Tyres, Collins Avenue. 
    €20 per corner as they were 20” wheels but prices start at €15 per corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭vimalandrew

My Bridgestone tyres for bz4x lasted for 15000km and pirrelli lasted for 30000km. Last week I put continental. Let me see how far it will go.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭josip

Has anyone used the Sandyford Tyre Centre? They've gotten very good reviews online.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

I use oponeo. Do people still have to pay extra for disposal now that the scrappage fee is added onto tyres when you buy them?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,851 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Used them for a tyre repair, seemed like a decent bunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 slideaway

Have used phoenix tyres for years, usually there or thereabouts on price and have been very good to deal with

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭handpref

Sandyford tyres are the best in the business- Frank is a gentleman. Saturdays are very busy, mid week allows for faster service. That said I priced some tyres locally in McManus Tyres in Drogheda and they were more competitive than online for Michelin PS4 20"s (including balancing & disposal) and also offer very good service.

Advertisement