Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone used their Irish Drivers Licence to fly with Ryanair to the UK?

Options
  • 13-05-2024 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,767 ✭✭✭✭

hi - I was thinking of visiting my Father who lives in Luton, he is not in the best of health and thought it would be nice to meet up - so Fly from Knock to Luton.

I have flew with aer lingus in the past to UK and all they have required is a Irish Drivers Licence as a form of identity which I have . But they do not fly to Luton, I think its Heathrow so then would have to travel from Heathrow to Luton.

I am getting no-where with Ryanair , they say that they only accept a Passport and that it is company policy, it does not look like its an official or lawful thing that you have to have a passport to fly from Ireland to the UK as far as I can see at the moment.

My Passport run out years ago and it will cost me something like over €130 to renew it and simply cannot afford that at present and then flights ontop and somewhere to stay etc….

So has anyone managed to get Ryanair to accept a Irish drivers licence , even if it was a one off special . Have I got no other aveues to explore and just bite the bullet and go with Aer Lingus or Buy a passport. In the normal scheme of things I am a terrible traveler and never go anywhere else and have no plans or desire or finances to visit any other countries so (I feel) buying a passport will be a complete waste of money for me.

any ideas?
    Thanks.

Comments

Advertisement