Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pension adjustment order

Options
  • 13-05-2024 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭

Hi im currently going thru separation meditation… it looks like ill be agreeing to pay some of my pension to my ex for a period of time. So…which is the better route for me if we’ll say im agreeing to give her 5k pa, should i just do it by standing order from my account of if its from a pao id prob have to pay a gross figure for her to receive 5k net… any advice pls asap as meeting mediator very soon. Tia

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I think the Court orders these. You may have agreed something in advance however.

It's not as simple as you saying "there's €5k from my pension".

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭older i get better i was

we are agreeing the figure, i just want to know which is best way for me to pay it, as in just pay by standing order or from pension via an pension order. Its just if ive to pay 5k net it may mean ive to pay a bigger gross figure and not sure which way financially is best for me to do it…

Advertisement