Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maps

Options
  • 13-05-2024 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

Whats the going rate for maps only. I have 33 acres i dont need maps for and a neighbour would lease maps off me.

It would get him out of derogation and keep 15 cows.

I want to be fair to both sides.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,188 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

What could it be worth to you?

If you have one entitlement, then you have CRISS and ECO on the entire amount. That sets an absolute minimum base for you. You're almost out of time for this year but if otherwise naked land you could rent additional entitlements at around 50% for more "free" money.

Your best bet - if you are interested in working it yourself at all - is probably to keep it, max out schemes, and import slurry from your buddy

Main advantage of renting it out would be the tax-free income for longer lease. Particularly if you have a good 9-5 and are drawing higher value entitlements on it.

Basically, it isn't a yes or no answer until you look at all the details specific to yourself. You'd want to make sure as well that you actually really don't need the maps for yourself if you have anything on the land

• Registered Users Posts: 8,830 ✭✭✭893bet

if you are grazing it then is it worth the risk? Your cattle on his land?,

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Bangoverthebar

No cattle on the land. Outblock for silage

Advertisement