Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dishwasher Pressure

Options
  • 13-05-2024 7:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭

Bought a new Whirlpool dishwasher this weekend (replacing a NEFF unit). When I started it for the first I got a low water pressure alarm.

The kitchen has 3 separate water supplies:

High Pressure (softened) from pump

Medium pressure from mains (very hard water)

Low pressure (gravity fed from header tank, softened).

The dishwasher is currently plumbed to the low pressure supply (mainly because it is softened water).

I Googled it an Whirlpool recommed a water pressure of 20 to 120 psig. Look like 2 m of head pressure is insufficient, so the correct connection is the cause of the problem.

Will it work if I connect it to the pump (assume it is 3 bar or around 50 psig)?.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭mikewest

First thing, check the water connection on the dishwasher and make sure the blanking plug has been removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭youtheman

Thanks for that. Didn't know there was such a thing (never had to do this for any washing machine or dishwasher before). I'll have to Google that (the manual supplied with the dishwasher was very 'light').

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭youtheman

Turned out to be low water pressure. When I did a bit of re-plumbing and connected it to the main supply (downstream of the softener) then it worked fine.

Advertisement