Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Faulty Sigma Lens

Options
  • 12-05-2024 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,940 ✭✭✭

I have a 2yr old Sigma 17-50 F2.8 for Sony e mount and it's faulty.

Message on camera keeps saying attach lens yet it's attached and other lenses are tested fine.

I purchased this over the phone with The Camera Centre Grafton Street.

I cant find a paper receipt and a label on the lens box states lens has a 3 year guarantee.

I've just registered online with Sigma Ireland and sent them a message about the issue.

Does anyone here have any experience of dealing with Sigma Ireland? Any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,947 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

You'll have to see what Sigma say. Technically, to avail of the 3 year extended warranty, you have to register your product within 30 days of purchase. You're a fair bit outside of that, so it's going to be up to their discretion.

All you need to do to take advantage of this extended warranty, is to register - within 30 days after purchase -  your lens via your personal MySIGMA account.

https://www.sigma-imaging.ie/en_ie/extended-warranty-registration  

In the meantime, try carefully cleaning the electrical contacts on the lens with contact cleaner or methylated spirits and a cotton bud.

I had a Sigma flash that broke in warranty years ago. In that case, I got on to Sigma Ireland, and they instructed me to send it to a company in Cork, who fixed it. But that product was registered. Now I see that they tell you to send items for repair to Sigma in the Netherlands. https://www.sigma-imaging.ie/en_ie/customer-service

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,696 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

do you have a bank statement showing the purchase? it should at least state the amount and the vendor. you could use that to go to the camera centre with, and they could possibly verify from their records what the matching purchase was - them refusing to do so would strike me as a sign of bad faith which you could use as leverage with sigma if necessary?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,940 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Update!

I have a proof of purchase on my baccconts.

Sigma replied to my email and the recommended I do a software upgrade. I did that and was unsuccessful.

They also said I can send it to them. I'm awaiting an address from them to ship it to.

Advertisement