Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

re-stringing a Dewalt strimmer

Options
  • 12-05-2024 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,291 ✭✭✭✭

singe hole, straight through so what length of cord and which direction to wind?

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,426 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

You can only wind it one way. I normally pull out about 5-6 arm lenghts of cord, from mid chest to outstretched finger tips. However I seem to remember last time I did the wifes DeWalt strimmer I thought I could have put a lot more cord on it.

iirc I think I took the head to bits as it was an easier option as the cord wouldn't thread straight through.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,291 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Thanks, it will go either way

• Registered Users Posts: 6,426 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

When you wind it without pushing the base in it only goes one way. When you turn it the correct way it will click as the cams engages and disengages. As you look down with the head upside down you turn it clockwise.

This is the head I have, forget the 60V bit the head is the same.

Although I normally resort to taking it apart as it often needs the internal grooves cleaning out if you don't do that occasionally it stops extending more line when you tap it.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,291 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

The Continental

Much obliged, makes sense when you see it

Post edited by Calahonda52 on

Advertisement