Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vivid.money now available for Irish Customers

Options
  • 12-05-2024 9:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,163 ✭✭✭

They finally got their own banking license, so they now accept customers from around the EU for both their free and paid prime accounts.

They offer cashback (into Stocks), Interest earning savings pockets (5% for 2 months and then 2% or 4% depending on plan, paid daily, invested into Money Market Funds), different card types and a full current account.

However, the pricing structure is very convoluted, make sure to check the T&C https://vivid.money/en-eu/legal-documents/ . The relevant ones are for Vivid Money SA.

Could be a good account for a while if your circumstances fit.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,845 ✭✭✭✭zell12

You have to go digging to find the fees for standard a/c - card costs €19.90! https://vivid.money/en-eu/compare/

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,070 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

There are a number of concerns I'd have with this - first I very much doubt they are covered by the bank guarantee, simply because they go out of their way to not answer the question, next the corporate structure is complex with part of it being located in Germany, The Netherlands and Luxembourg, their so called "pockets" are not accounts, reading the small print it seems in ones I looked at, you are investing in money market products, so that gives a different risk and tax profile and of course their is the question of their relationship with Russia.

Personally I would not touch the thing, but everyone needs to do their own research and decide for themselves.

Advertisement