Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kylemore Killiney Thoughts?

Options
  • 11-05-2024 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Interested in the new build: Kylemore Killiney. Their 3-beds start from 750k. Any thoughts about the area? Looking to see if we can walk in the neighbourhood alone at night without any issues like anti-social behaviour, etc.?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭JayRoc

Nah, Killiney has a lot of drive-by shootings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭hamburgham

Sold as Killiney,May in fact be Shankill or Ballybrack. Spots of bother around both.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,367 ✭✭✭✭ted1

church road. kind of the border between Ballybrack, Killiney, Cabintelly and Dun Loughrey.

It’s a safe quiet enough area. Plenty of things nearby

Lots building on church road at the moment (Kylemore, Columba ( social housing estate) and up further off the roundabout). Traffic is going to be mental. Already in the last year with new developments in Shankill and cherrywood coming off the M50 and approaching it has got bad

• Registered Users Posts: 3 concessor

Thanks everyone! How is the area with respect to kids? Are there lots of families living in the area? Without offending anyone, I just want to make sure the teenagers don't cause trouble in the area. I guess the usual shopping would be in Tesco Ballybrack or SuperValu Killiney at Graduate roundabout; and the usual walking would be in Kilbogget Park. Are these areas safe now? I saw posts regarding areas in Ballybrack that used to cause trouble, but those are old posts and these places may have been gentrified now. Any insights would be helpful, and apologies if any of my questions are insensitive or rude.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,367 ✭✭✭✭ted1

yea the areas are safe.

Cornelscourt would be the main shopping for many in the area. ( a short drive) also

LIDL Shankill, ALDI or LIDL in Sallynoggin

For pubs and restaurants Dalkey would be the best option

Killiney beach, Vico Road , Killiney hill, mullens hill, Dun laoighre would also be walking spots.

There’s a right of way across the road via the golf course to Mullins hill , marked in blue

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 concessor

Thanks ted1. Appreciate your responses.

Advertisement