Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Honda Fit DCT transmission

Options
  • 11-05-2024 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi,

I am considering to purchase a Honda fit hybrid (2014) with dct. Reading online they are notorious for gearbox failure.

Has anyone faced such issue in Ireland and what were repair/ replacement costs?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭User1998

They aren’t notorious for failure. They are just very expensive and difficult to repair or replace. Buy an older model Fit if you are concerned.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Cvt is good ,Dct is ok as long as you look after it - they use a special Honda oil and no ordinary gearbox oil will work - the problems I see weekly is lack of gearbox oil changes - they are due every 40.000 kms. The other problem is the DCT werent sold in Europe so when they fail its a wait from Honda for parts from Japan - 3-6 months usually and its usually clutch plates that fail but they arent sold separately - only as part of the clutch pack assembly - 2 - 3k so an expensive fix.

If you do buy - get the gearbox oil changed straight away - usually saves any hassle in the future.

GP1 is CVT , GP5 is DCT - the first 3 letters of the VIN. The change over was in 2014.

I currently have a 2014 Insight with the CVT box but am thinking of a change to a Vezel (HRV)- same box as the Fit DCT - Gear box oil change straight away and it should be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Fargham

Thanks for the detailed information. Although I know the risks, yet tempted to get the DCT.

Advertisement