Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do fridges and washer/dryers require special plugs?

Options
  • 11-05-2024 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,694 ✭✭✭

I want to replace my fridge with a dryer and I noticed both the fridge and washing machine plugs are surrounded by a grey plastic kind of frame with a red light showing its switched on. Is this a special plug or fuse etc to account for the fact that these appliances are on 24 7, and to prevent overheating?

I was going to just move my fridge to the corner of the room that has a bog standard plug, like the one you plug your charger or kettle in. Would this take the fridge on all day and night? Might be an obvious question but I don't know much about electric circuits so any informed people please fill me in thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭blackbox

The plug is the thing on the end of the cable. The thing on the wall is called the socket.

Both are standard and will work for kettles, fridges and driers. There is a fuse in the plug. It should be appropriate for the device.

Advertisement