Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cruciate surgery

Options
  • 11-05-2024 9:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

Hi,

Have a small dog who got hit by a car 2 weeks ago, had to have stomach surgery and has a few broken ribs fractured and fractured pelvis but is healing well. Dog is 10 year old, I recently have become her owner as previous owner passed. Vet check up yesterday but her Cruciate is gone and will need surgery. They say she’ll probably need referral somewhere and won’t know the extent until surgery. Vet recommended leave her to heal a further 2 weeks but not months as bones will fuse. I’ve no insurance and read up costs and very expensive. Can anyone give me idea of recent costs of this surgery?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

The cost will depend on what type of surgery is done.. as it’s a small dog she might be able to have lateral suture which is cheapest afaik.. my retriever had TTAs and they were around €2500 for the surgery and follow up appointments. We were in a situation where we were resting him and then months later he’d hurt himself again and we’d be back to square one so we opted for surgery rather than restrict him for the rest of his life.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭bluejelly

I paid €900 4 years ago for my lab. It’s worth ringing around to compare prices. Best of luck

Advertisement