Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forgotten children’s book

Options
  • 11-05-2024 2:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Looking to rediscover some books I loved when I was a kid that have been lost (ie, turfed out in clear outs over the years by The Mother) and have been successful so far in finding / remembering things like I’m A Vegetarian, Bugsy Goes to Cork, The Silver Chalice, etc - but there’s one I’m struggling with as I don’t remember the title but remember I loved it so so much.

What I do remember - basic set up is a young girl from ‘the city’ goes to stay with her granny for the summer somewhere rural on the coast, granny uses a donkey and cart to get about, the young girl has friends up the road she sees only in the summer. Eventually she gets embroiled in some sort of lost treasure hunt on an island off the coast, possibly relating to lost Spanish Armada gold? And there might be the ghost of one of the Spaniards on the island when she camps there overnight one night?

Ringing any bells??

Advertisement