Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Remote working

Options
  • 10-05-2024 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭

I currently work 2 days a week in office and 3 at home. I see that the law to request working has been passed and is now a law. Was wondering if I can request to work from home 5 days a week or is it only for people who are in the office 5 days with no flexibility? Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭spark_tank

You have a right to ask. Your employer still has the right to say no.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Marymoore

ye what’s the point then… if you ask, does the employer have to consider it

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭RonanG86

Most employers will have a policy that limits the work from home time to X days a week, and unless you can make some groundbreaking rationale for needing all 5 that doesn't by extension suggest you shouldn't be working at all, chances are they'll consider a request for more work from home time and then refuse it. As they can do.

Advertisement