Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bb4438 and CGF maidens

Options
  • 10-05-2024 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭

Hi, Any hold on to heifers off these guys and calve them?

I've a couple of nice yearlings and they have more muscle that I'm used to. Had 1st cesarean this year and has me not wanting it again.

Any Experience with heifers off either?

TThanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Who2

they don’t look to be extreme types, going off appearances I’d have no issue putting them to bull next spring.
    saler first then lim and on stronger each year after.

Any of my cows here with zip marks are big brutes of sims. A lot of those blues throw handy enough calves if common sense is used with the bulls.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭tellmeabit

The darker lady is probably has more muscles, ya I've done just that with a few blues calved this year. Really impressed with one saler bull., one powerful proper and one lm2014. I'll keep them another while and see how they come on.

The section this year has rattled me. My cows are CHx.

Advertisement