Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fuel Prices App in Ireland

Options
  • 07-05-2024 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hey guys,

Hopefully this is the correct forum for this… if not please correct me.

I've seen conversations about fuel prices and also about the old fuel site pumps.ie which is now antiquated, so I've an updated modern solution but I need your help!

I've been working on an app called Pick A Pump! (pickapump.com) It's a map based fuel price comparison site (soon to be phone app) that also gives you journey info like distance and time to travel to station, along with services and facilities that the stations offer.

I'm working on connecting with stations and creating partnerships but at the minute I'm relying on user added prices, the theory has been proven to work by the UK site petrolprices.com so I'm hoping to start a real community of motorists in Ireland that want to save money - especially with the price of things at the minute.

The more users we have the more accurate prices we'll have. I want to make this as good as possible so come and join and contribute, and please give me feedback and criticism (you can do that on here, an email contact@pickapump.com or the profile section when you signup and login). If you have an issue with it or something is missing etc, please let me know so I can improve it.

At the minute there are minimal prices as I've only a few close friends using it, this is the first time I've openly posted it online.

Additionally I've added a garage section where you can add your car via it's reg and easily see your MOT and TAX expiry (currently only for NI but ROI cars supported soon).

Please sign up and let me know your thoughts!
    https://pickapump.com/signup

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Good luck with it 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭Buffman

Maybe post in the motors forum also, you'll get more coverage and suggestions there.

No harm having another option around, since pumps.ie became unreliable I've been relying on Waze mostly. Good luck with it. 👍️

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,035 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

I've signed up and shall report back.

Advertisement