Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Second hand car just run of tax

Options
  • 06-05-2024 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭

is seller liable until date of transfer to me if he doesnt renew. More out of interest than anything. Also, if i seel 2010 auris to the likes of zucars. Would i even get a grand for it? 90000 miles, average condition. I think there is a similar crowd i can try also

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,052 ✭✭✭User1998

Your only liable for motor tax from the month you purchased the car. So if you purchase a car on the last day of May you have to pay motor tax for the whole of May. The seller isn’t liable for any unpaid tax, it goes away once the car is sold.

Sell the Auris on Donedeal. They are a popular car and you should have no problem selling it if you price it correctly

• Registered Users Posts: 4,302 ✭✭✭goochy

Your car to old to sell to the trade

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭McSween

they offered me 2300 today

• Registered Users Posts: 22,252 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Take the hand off them!

only problem. Have to bring it to cork

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,166 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Cheapest 2010 Auris on donedeal is asking €3300 and that has 249k miles on the clock. Unless you just want it gone asap or it's a shed then you will get more for it by selling privately.

I’d imagine they’ll offer less for it in person when they start nit picking the condition?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,921 ✭✭✭kirving

It's the most sensible business model really - make a good offer, reel in the customer, and then start knocking them down when half the paperwork is done. Upselling tactics, just in reverse.

yeah im expecting a lesser offer in person possibly. I just dont want to sell it on dine deal. Gobshites 10 years ago, i was expecting a replacement log book in the post and one guy wanted to buy it without that.

Not sure how that makes him a gobshite. Looks worse on yourself advertising a car with no logbook and then refusing to sell it?

• Advertisement

the logbook was a day or two away in the post from the motor tax office. Nobody else had an issue with that. This guy was trying to do the ‘im on my way to you now but i want to take it away today’. There was something amiss there.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,074 ✭✭✭✭Esel

One bad experience shouldn't put you off ever using donedeal again imo.

You get the car to Cork or anywhere reasonably distant, you're nearly at their mercy really... You should insist buyer collects.

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement