Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Patio

Options
  • 06-05-2024 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭

Please advice, Asked in construction as well. I am hoping to build the back garden up to the level of the kitchen to do the seamless transition from interior to exterior. There is a step at the back door with the normal footpath around the back. So would it be okay to raise the whole area with compacted hard core and then porcelain tiles? To the level of the Kitchen or am I better just to the height level of the step and staying slightly below kitchen? Also would it affect the damp course I keep reading about? Or should I try and include a gully for water to drain away? Total novice so any advice is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭standardg60

Throw up a few pics which would help a lot OP. Certainly not a good idea to go above the damp proof course first off.

Advertisement