Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turkey Teeth?

Options
  • 05-05-2024 12:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi all. I've been contemplating for quite some time about going to Turkey to have my awful teeth extracted and getting all on 6 implants. I've been on antidepressants for a number of years and didn't realise that they were the cause of dry mouth. I know it also comes down to good oral hygiene but at the height of my anxiety and depression, I wasn't looking after myself never mind my teeth. I could only think of ways of ending it all and 5 years ago I came very close to it.

I won't get into all that but the one thing that always got me down are my teeth. Looking through Facebook, every photo I'm in shows me sporting a smirk more than a smile. I've been seriously considering getting them done in Turkey as the prices I was getting here are 17k and I'm not currently working with my anxiety and depression.

I'm not sure what i want to ask here but i was just wondering if there are any success stories about dental work carried out in Turkey? Most of the places I've researched are only a couple of years in practice so it's difficult to tell what the work done will be like in 10-15 years.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭Alkers

Sorry to hear of your struggles.

What is wrong with your teeth currently?

It's unlikely that teeth are the cause of you feeling low so I would seek assistance with that before or at least in tandem with any dental work.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 metzz

I've really low self esteem because of them. I kind of turned on my mother a few weeks back when she said I should get something done about my teeth. It angered me a bit and I told her it was her fault because I probably needed braces in my teenage years to help a top tooth that has grown inwards quite a bit. I felt terrible afterwards because she brought us up on her own and wouldn't have had the money to do that.

I don't know where to start with describing my teeth. There's one broken and probably almost rotten. I've two missing teeth that were extracted years ago. Probably have quite a few cavities and chips out of other teeth. I chased after a girl in primary school when I was about 8 and attempted to swing under a bar and came down teeth first onto it. Ended up breaking the top off one of my front teeth which has a crown. This was replaced a number of times until my late teens when a stronger crown was done but the joint is visible now and I can feel it's no longer smooth to the tooth itself.

I think I may have mild gingivitis which I'm currently treating. I'm just so unhappy with my teeth and the colour of the old fillings that I'd love to just get them all extracted. I've had nightmares where I dreamt that I was spitting out handfuls of teeth and they just wouldn't stop falling out. It was awful, I haven't dreamt that in while but I remember it vividly and wondering where all these teeth were coming from

I came off the antidepressants I was taking a few months ago because I was feeling worse than I was before going on them. I've been on a few different antidepressants, some made me very emotional and I'd cry over the most stupidest of things. Heck, a song on the radio or a scene from a film would have me going to the bathroom so my better half and daughter wouldn't see me crying.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Lord Baron Lane 8

What about Budapest Teeth ?

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭ax530

Not familiar but guess with for success would need to minimise any risk infection. With this in mind perhaps it would be better to go dentist here first fix cavaties ect when teeth& gums healthy can then sort the cosmetic side.

I would rather have them all extracted as I've quite a number of fillings in my teeth already and can't stand the site of them. Should have listened to my Uncle, Lord have mercy on him. He was always telling us when we were smaller to look after our teeth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭mulbot

Be careful getting Turkey teeth,, a neighbour of mine went out around 2 months ago, has a lisp now 😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 33,161 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

ANd make sure you try to read reviews of the place you intend to use, there are some horror stories coming out of Turkey at present.

I think most of the bad press is in relation to veneers which I think is a terrible idea anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Ivor_Guddon

In the same boat Metzz , not in a state per-say , but have 2 or 3 teeth that came loose from a bang while playing GAA and then they eventually came loose and fell out , and not happy with how i am , i'd still avoid Turkey or foreign places , after care i heard off 2 people ain't great , i'd stay local if you can

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Madd002

Do not get Turkey Teeth, there's been so many horror stories in newspapers & documentaries on tv. Most end up having to pay big money to get sorted when they come home so instead of loosing 6k then paying 12k to get them fixed just pay whatever price to get them done properly. You may need implants if your teeth are as bad as you say they are, your gums would need to be x rayed to see if there's enough bone structure to support and how near the nerves are to the surface. There's always a risk but if you look up the bad news stories and who they went when they came back to fix them, those would be complete mouth renovations. That's just my honest opinion.

• Advertisement
Advertisement