Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy

Options
  • 04-05-2024 9:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I recently moved back to Dublin having left during the last crash for employment.

I have two young boys below 3 and looking at areas to buy a family home.

I work in the city 4 days a week off the green.

I have no allegiances to anywhere in Dublin to purchase. Currently renting by St Annes Park.

Budget is €1m with no chain, can you please let me know where you would consider.

I have considered Malahide, but there is very little on the market there currently.

My preference would be to be near green spaces therefore not too central in the city.

Fully aware the market is extremely tight, but with a young family I would prefer to buy and we are fortunate enough to do that after alot of work.

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭herbalplants

You do have a healthy budget and no chain so you will have plenty of options.

Around Howth road there have been few options recently. And of course Sutton or Howth. There are few options in your budget.

Malahide I find it a bit of a mix bag, overpopulated recently.

Living the life

• Registered Users Posts: 34,587 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I'm a big fan of D7. Right beside the Phoenix Park, you'd get a lovely house for a million quid in Stoneybatter.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Hontou

Stay where you are around St. Annes Park in Clontarf, Raheny or Killester. Near the park, the sea promenade, Bull Island and only a few KMs from town. Good schools that are non fee paying too for your children. You are lucky to have a budget that will buy a home in these areas.

I wouldn't say there is any house worth a million in Stoneybatter, the place is full of poky small houses.

Living the life

• Registered Users Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭C3PO

Shankill would be my choice with a young family!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Ezeoul

If you work off the Green, I'd look for something along the Luas line.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭pleh

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭thereiver

there are 2 large houses for sale in stoneybatter right now.yes most of the houses are small

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭whatever.

Sandymount

Alternatively just follow the Dart line south

Stay away from the North Side

• Registered Users Posts: 3,560 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Did you enjoy the Leinster match yesterday !

I'm not from Dublin but I do live in Dublin, some lovely places on Northside, Clontarf, Sutton, Howth

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,703 ✭✭✭suvigirl

Either stay around where you are now, which is lovely, or maybe around castleknock?

easy access to work, you can cycle quickly through the Phoenix park. Also, plenty of green areas and parks and good schools.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,587 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Have you not seen all the big houses on Manor street? There was a gorgeous one for sale recently on the corner where Kerala Kitchen is. Think it was up for 900k.

Most are two up two down or cottages but you could certainly get a lovely big house if you had the money. Some of those houses also have absolutely massive gardens.

I wouldn't say no to this myself

https://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/48-aughrim-street-stoneybatter-dublin-7/4713617

Sorry I must have missed that. Having a massive garden near the city is great.

Living the life

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Kurooi

I'd be thinking Cabinteely

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭Dante

Malahide would be my choice personally, I would have thought there would be more choice at that price range.

Other options like Clontarf, Blackrock, Dun Laoghaire, Howth, Monkstown.

Advertisement