Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying an apartment Stillorgan/Blackrock/Kilmacud

Options
  • 04-05-2024 7:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 30

I’m looking for advice to buy a 2/3 bed apartment in the above areas. Ideally I’d like to be within walking distance of transport, shops etc. Can anyone suggest a good well run development for a second hand apartment. There are some new but I’m not prepared to go to 600k. Ideal budget 450. have been looking at Linden or the Grange. Also Dunstaffnage and Seamount ? Anyone any experience of these ? I’d like to avoid expensive block problems or antisocial issues.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,858 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

If you think you're getting a 2/3 bed apartment for that you're dreaming.

3 beds absolutely not. 2 beds listing for 460 to 520 or so, selling 10 to 15% higher.

The fewer homes on sale, the better the development is. Also look at the service charge across all MUDs on sale. The lower they are, the better they are being run by the owner-Directors, who are obviously working hard to achieve value for services.

I know this because I joined our own Board to shake it up and tackle years of poor vigilance from the Directors, who generally don't change providers and agents nearly often enough to maintain value.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 marge2006

Yes I realise the budget might not get me anything. The prices are crazy for what is on offer. I just wondered if anyone had any good or bad experiences of apartments in this area or nearby. Often the ads don’t show the management fees and I’m not sure I will get access to OMC records prior to purchase. Some of the interiors are in poor shape, post rental etc and I need to allow a certain amount for improvements after purchase which may make it much too expensive.

Advertisement