Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sonoff ZBMINI extreme wiring help

Options
  • 03-05-2024 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hi, I am hoping to install a Sonoff ZBMINI extreme in my kitchen. I have two switches, at either end of the kitchen, that control the kitchen lights. I have four spotlights that are currently smart spotlights and can be controlled by app and voice (Alexa). In order for them to work properly the wall switches can't be used. That's why I want to install the ZBMINI, so that using the switches will not disable the use of app or voice functionality.

I am having trouble figuring out the wiring and that is what I am looking for help with. On the first wall switch there are 2 grey, (with red inner sleeve), wires going to the 'Common' terminal and a single grey wire going to each of the 2 terminals below that.

On the 2nd wall switch there is one grey wire going to the 'Common' terminal and one grey wire each to the other two terminals below it.

From what I've gleaned so far the wires going to the 'Common' terminals on both wall switches should be the Live wires and the wires on the two terminals below in each wall switch should be the terminals connecting the rocker switch (for on and off).

What I'm hoping you can help me with is what configuration I need for the ZBMINI using the wiring I have, in other words which wire from the wall switches goes to which terminal on the ZBMINI?

Am I correct in assuming that one ZBMINI is all I need for both wall switches and they don't need a ZBMINI behind each wall switch? I'm assuming that both wall switches are on the same circut so once the wiring is correct then one ZBMINI should account for all combinations of the wall switches?

I will also be attempting to install ZBMINI's on my stairs and landing. I have 3 floors and 3 wall switches that control the landing lights. On the ground floor is a single switch that only controls the ground floor hall light. On the 1st floor is a double switch where once rocker controls the ground floor hall light and the other controls the 1st floor hall light. On the 2nd floor is another 2 rocker switch where one rocker controls the 1st floor hall light and the other controls the 2nd floor hall light. Could you advise on how I'd go about wiring a ZBMINI into that configuration? I have not looked at the wiring for that yet but can take photo's if that will help?

I am a DIY-er and have managed to install lights in my attic, sockets in my shed (on a spur) and have changed double sockets to USB double sockets but can't seem to get my head around this wiring configuration.

Any information would be gratefully received. Thanks. :)

Advertisement