Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bill increase

Options
  • 03-05-2024 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭

is this the right place to post this?anyway has anyone noticed an increase in thier vodafone broadband bill this month?mine has increased by 3.04 euro,i have unlimited,just wondering before i ring them,thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Icbaby

You will see an increase in your monthly price plan charge each April, based on the annual Consumer Price Index (“CPI”) plus 3%.

Saw an article today to say that they were trying to stop companies doing this but not successful as of yet. This is a guaranteed price increase every April on top of any other increases they put on over the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭sniperman

oh right,another case of rip of ireland..well my contract is ending in 2 months,so ill probably go to sky for 30 pm,any ide if sky does the same increases?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,791 ✭✭✭10-10-20

It's the reason I dumped Vodafone. Awarding themselves increments like that was a bit much I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭grinder23

Yes Eir, Vodafone, Sky and Three all have it every April at the minute

• Registered Users Posts: 4,965 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

Yep, it's shady stuff. Writing in price increases due to inflation is fairly underhanded. Let's see what happens when we enter a deflationary period.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,521 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

Just signed up to a new contract with eir. As part of the deal they wont be doing the annual increase next April. Not sure if other companies are offering the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,753 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Last time I looked the plans had inflation plus 3%. Feck that.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Lucan123

Don't forget the inflation plus 3% is on the Gross charge, before any discounts are applied … and usually these discounts are fixed amounts which remain unchanged.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Tony H

yeah I got caught with a two year plan with eir ftth , started off at 49 euro , now its nearly 63 , contract is up in August and its the last time for me with eir , counting down the months .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,791 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Oh yeah, and it's upward increases only - you don't get a reduction if there's deflation.

Not sure we want that anyway. 🤔

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭grinder23

• Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭sniperman

thanks all for reply's,when i join sky in couple of months,ill be asking if there will be any price rises,and if im told no,ill be asking for that in writing

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭JVince

How?

It was in the terms and conditions you signed. Also there was plenty of publicity in the media. They use a similar method in the UK and US networks also have it. Eir use it too as do three.

And be VERY wary of sky. The 30pm is an introductory offer. Sky also increase their prices every year but still use the previous method of notification. This year the "average" increase was 6.7%, but some packages went up by 20%

Advertisement