Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formal work shirts

Options
  • 03-05-2024 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭

I am looking for formal work shirts.
    I need 100% cotton, slim fit, 17inch collar, and long fitting (i.e., slightly longer arms).
    This used to be easy to find in NEXT and M&S.My current batch of shirts are looking very worn, but when i went to replace them, i find that it is almost impossible to find the above.NEXT used to have a huge stock, but their supply of shirts seems to be very low and they have more or less nothing in 17L, slim fit.
    Ideally, i like to buy online as i live down the country and i hate shops!
    Any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭sundodger5

T.K Max, Usually have a selection. The longer arms thing i am not sure about, i would imagine a 17" fit varies slightly from maker to maker. I take a 15.5" collar and have some that are perfect and some with the arms a bit long.

They sometimes have some of the shirts out on the rail, not in the normal plastic packaging. These would be ideal for trying on for fit instead of hoping the same make in the packet will fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭WacoKid

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭sundodger5

By strange (maybe) coincidence, both of those are among the brands i see in TK Max. Similarly priced buying direct though.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭CarPark2

Thanks both. That is really helpful. The online ones are particularly good for me, as i am not living near a TK Maxx.

Advertisement