Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camper conversion weights

Options
  • 02-05-2024 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi all

I have a an iveco daily 3.0 I'm converting

And I'm well into the build but now I'm starting to get very paranoid as the van have a twin rear wheel and originally was rated at 7.5 t but was derated to 3.5t

My question is weither wen I convert it will they class it as 7.5 and that a c1 licence would be needed to drive it

Tia

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,924 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

They'll go with the plate once it was derated correctly. Be careful that you don't go over the 3.5t limit with weight when you account for people, water, luggage, wine when coming back from Europe etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 gerroo

Thanks Del2005

I'd say it'll b a struggle to keep under 3.5

As its 2.6 before conversion I need to keep a tight eye on it

As for the wine I'll just have to drink it all before I leave France 🫃

• Registered Users Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

@gerroo , you could get a C1 licence. Its very straight forward. If you have experience of driving a car you can pass the C1 test easily. Just give yourself a tiny bit more room when cornering. Only downside it the pain that is applying & getting a van for the test, and then renew the licence every 5 years instead of 10.

Would take lot of pressure off you to keep weight of van down …..

• Registered Users Posts: 11 gerroo

@RiderOnTheStorm

Yeh had thought bout doing that also but correct me if I'm wrong do you not have to fo cpc every year and install a tachograph in the van then

• Registered Users Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

iirc only if you are driving commercially / professionally . Worth looking in to.

• Advertisement
Advertisement