Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House Dust Mite Immunotherapy 3 Year Treatment Acarizax

Options
  • 02-05-2024 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭

Long time sufferer of house dust mite allergy. Getting more severe as time goes on. Lack of sleep, poor quality of sleep, chronic fatigue, joint pain, rhinitis, excess mucus, poor memory, poor concentration, irritability, itchy red skin and probably more I cant think of right now. It might not sound like much compared to other long term illnesses but its the droppings of the mites that feed mainly on dead skin. It's inescapable in modern accommodation really unless you sleep outside in a field (so not very practical in Ireland) or spend your whole life boil washing everything, encasing mattresses, bedding etc. in plastic and hoovering out your house (which I have tried and still doesnt make any difference). I have been tested and confirmed with the allergy in Galway hospital.

New treatment approved in the last few years specifically for it called Acarizax. 1 pill per day desensitization for 3 years.

Consultant tells me there has been a similar treatment for severe hay fever available for some time.

Cost is 100 euro per month but consultant has stressed there are no guarantees on results.

Im due to start it soon. 100 euro is manageable for me however it's still 100 euro per month which I could be doing with using elsewhere but my health is suffering badly and I need to get treatment.

Has anyone received this immunotherapy? If so any positive results?

Advertisement