Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prison Clerical Officer 2024

Options
  • 02-05-2024 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Just thought I'd set this up for people applying.

I sent off my application etc however have not recieved an automatic email which the information booklet says it would. Anyone else experiencing problems applying?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭weadick

I did this job for years during the last recession and honestly wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemy. You will be doing EO/HEO work for CO money. There are so many negative things about this job I honestly wouldn't have the time to write them all down. Just think very carefully before you accept it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

While I won’t argue with anything said above your experience will vary depending on a) which prison you end up assigned to and b) who you work with.

You’ll be doing EO level work from day one and you’ll be treated like **** compared to prison officers and any other staff connected to the prison but you’ll get experience you won’t get in any other department and could easily be moving on by the time the EO competition comes around.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 natalu

I had the same issue. Reached out to them for confirmation and received it from the recruitment team.

this is helpful. Thanks for sharing. I previously worked for DFA as CO and absolutely hated it due to the team I landed with… so carefully considering this role atm

• Registered Users Posts: 16 SineadLB

Glad I wasn't the only one. Did you recieve written confirmation or was just told over the phone?

• Advertisement

written confirmation.

Advertisement