Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi A6 number of Initialized keys

Options
  • 02-05-2024 8:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭

Left my keys up at my folks house the other day so I pulled out the spare key for the Quattro. Nothing, thought the fob battery was dead so changed it, still no good. Held it up to the sensor inside the car, still nothing. Went into the MMI and saw that there is only 1 Initialized key listed, should I have 2 or even 3 listed as I have this other fake plastic key type thing also on the spare keychain?

Any idea how much it would cost to get them recoded to the car? Had a mechtronic unit changed last year in a main dealer, could something like this have created an issue?

Advertisement