Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Executor of will

Options
  • 01-05-2024 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

I am joint executor of my Dads will with my mother. I looked at statement of affairs SA2 and the procedure for grant of Probate and I feel we should be able to complete. We received an estimate of costs from a solicitor and the quote is approx 16k.

the estate includes property and all beneficiaries are happy for us to proceed with SA2 and Probate. Im not sure what happens after the probate is granted will the solicitor then look after the transfer of assets to beneficiaries ? I would appreciate all advise

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,174 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

Depending on what the assets are, you may be able to transfer them without involving a solicitor - stocks, shares, cash at bank, etc. But, for land, you will need a solicitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Dan Steely

16k? I know solicitors like their charges and maybe I'm naive but I find that amount a bit shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,673 ✭✭✭whippet

i just paid €7k for probate … wasn't anything extraordinary. there was no will a handful of bank accounts mainly personal and one sole trader business account.

Advertisement